the rubric is cool. not so sure about the color... not too fond of your text type.. it's really thin and long, with a short x height..
think the by line is awkward.. the type choice maybe?
the folio is nice and clean, like the little icon of the guitar player.
are you targeting female audience? there's something feminine about your spreads... like the clipart of flowery things. doesn't look like the same magazine when combined with your feature spreads you've already designed. i think i know why you added the clipart there..you should distress it more, like the way you've distressed your rubrics. right now it looks too neat, too illustrator stockartish (like you d/led them off istockphoto)
ok, hope this helps, hope you're recovering from the flu
I really need to redesign my feature pages to match my new focus. The comments last time were that the pages weren't very feminine as the audience is supposed to be young female music fans.
I like the idea of distressing the clip art. I too think it is too neat.
It's my style to be very swiss/lots of whitespace/stick to grid etc, I am trying to loosen it up; but the grunge style seems so disorganized.
I love david carson but I can't seem to figure out his system, and neither is his design very feminine.
I'll be back with new pages and ideas next week. I am getting better but this flu nearly wiped me out for good.
3 comments:
the rubric is cool. not so sure about the color...
not too fond of your text type.. it's really thin and long, with a short x height..
think the by line is awkward.. the type choice maybe?
the folio is nice and clean, like the little icon of the guitar player.
are you targeting female audience? there's something feminine about your spreads... like the clipart of flowery things. doesn't look like the same magazine when combined with your feature spreads you've already designed. i think i know why you added the clipart there..you should distress it more, like the way you've distressed your rubrics. right now it looks too neat, too illustrator stockartish (like you d/led them off istockphoto)
ok, hope this helps, hope you're recovering from the flu
btw nice job on the negative white space... i like it a lot
thanks so much for your comments.
I really need to redesign my feature pages to match my new focus. The comments last time were that the pages weren't very feminine as the audience is supposed to be young female music fans.
I like the idea of distressing the clip art. I too think it is too neat.
It's my style to be very swiss/lots of whitespace/stick to grid etc, I am trying to loosen it up; but the grunge style seems so disorganized.
I love david carson but I can't seem to figure out his system, and neither is his design very feminine.
I'll be back with new pages and ideas next week. I am getting better but this flu nearly wiped me out for good.
Be well
Post a Comment