I need help making a decision about the department headline. Should it be plain and consistent, with the illustration as the accent?, or play with the type as well.
i think department should be plain and consistent, since you already have such a fancy rubric. the rubric will do the work, so i vote for #2 in the series (plain type)
i was reading your comment on the female audience... if your audience is punk rock females, you dont need those flowery stuff to make it more feminine. punkrock females are by nature not the super feminine type. they probably won't be shopping at martha stewart for flowery sheets... so flowery clipart probably aint what you should be going for to achieve the feminine style..
btw you have some nice images. for your depts. i like the grey rubric better than the red.
maybe instead of going all out david carson, you can find some middle ground...
I agree with you with the flowery stuff. It doesn't work for me as well. I am trying to keep a certain design-y style but not too much of a grunge style; more punk but a new punk with modern design elements. Thanks for your help.
I'm still working on the rubrics, and the grey works better for those white pages. I am trying to see what happens when the page is in colour. Ahhhhhh. So many decisions to make.
4 comments:
better, i think.
need to see printed to size.
also, why the change n headline style?
please find a style that works and keep it consistent throughout the departments.
unless you mean for us to choose between them?
g.
I need help making a decision about the department headline. Should it be plain and consistent, with the illustration as the accent?, or play with the type as well.
Thanks for all the comments, they really help
i think department should be plain and consistent, since you already have such a fancy rubric. the rubric will do the work, so i vote for #2 in the series (plain type)
i was reading your comment on the female audience... if your audience is punk rock females, you dont need those flowery stuff to make it more feminine. punkrock females are by nature not the super feminine type. they probably won't be shopping at martha stewart for flowery sheets... so flowery clipart probably aint what you should be going for to achieve the feminine style..
btw you have some nice images. for your depts. i like the grey rubric better than the red.
maybe instead of going all out david carson, you can find some middle ground...
I agree with you with the flowery stuff. It doesn't work for me as well. I am trying to keep a certain design-y style but not too much of a grunge style; more punk but a new punk with modern design elements. Thanks for your help.
I'm still working on the rubrics, and the grey works better for those white pages. I am trying to see what happens when the page is in colour. Ahhhhhh. So many decisions to make.
Post a Comment